These are fun to make and will have a great success at any party. You can also shape them in a burger shape and make them as an entry dish.
1 head Cauliflower
1/3 packed cup chopped Parsley
1 Tbsp Dried Basil (or 1/4 cup fresh chopped Basil)
4-5 cloves Garlic – minced
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
1/2 C Nut or Seed Flour – for example sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, almond, etc.
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Grate the cauliflower (on a box grater) or use the food processor to shred it into small granules similar to rice (see the picture). Salt it well and let it sit at least 20-30 min or more. Then, using a nut bag or a cheese cloth – strain the entire water from the cauliflower rice.
2. Return the cauliflower to a big bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Taste and season as per your taste.
3. Shape your tots or patties and lay them onto a greased pan. Bake at 400 F for about 30-35 min or until golden brown
You can serve them warm or cold. I suggest 3 different ways:
- Dill Yogurt Sauce – for dipping
- Ranch Dipping Sauce – for dipping
- Pesto – dollop of pesto on top of each tot