This is an easy, tasty and healthy on-the-go snack. Here are the steps:
1. Buy or gather organic apples
2. Cut the apples, clean them from the seeds and slice them the way you like. Slices should not be overly thin because they shrink during the dehydration. I would say 1/5 of the inch.
3. Dust with cinnamon. There is no real quantity – it depends how much apples you are doing and if you like cinnamon or not. They should be just very lightly covered.
4. Arrange on dehydrator trays – see the picture.
5. Dehydrate on 105 to 115 F. If you increase the temperature you will start losing essentials vitamins and elements.
6. It takes about 18 – 24 hrs. Check periodically. Make sure the apples are dried well. Otherwise they will start molding.
7. Store in an airtight jar. They can last forever.
Here are the pictures – step by step