I use this cleaner for almost everything in the bathroom – toilet bowl (inside and out), tile, sinks, even the glass shower. It is excellent for everyday maintenance. I only avoid using it on countertops as the acid dissolves natural stone and with time will cause damages.
- 1 cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 3 cups filtered Water
- 1 tablespoon Dish Soap
- 15 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- One 32-oz Spray Bottle
Mix all the ingredients in the spray bottle and shake well.
Note: This cleaner is used for maintenance only. If you have tough build ups and scum – you need to use a more powerful solution such as Shower Scum Cleaner.
The cleaning power of the ingredients:
- Vinegar is a miracle from nature. Completely non-toxic and anti-bacterial, vinegar is actually beneficial to any surface it touches. It safely kills germs and is much more economical than chemical cleaning solutions. It’s not even harmful when accidentally inhaled or ingested.
- Dish Soap cuts through stubborn grease and grime, and it has almost as many uses as vinegar. By mixing Dish Soap and Vinegar – now you have a powerful cleaning product.
- Besides the health benefits when using on your body, the Tea Tree Essential Oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-mold properties. Thus it kills off bacteria and mold in your home.
- One of the best-smelling naturally antibacterial essential oils is Lavender. Lavender pairs well with vinegar and gives this all purpose cleaner a pleasant scent.